Wow! What is it that they say? You wait for a bus and then three come along at once…
In the last week I have been nominated for the Liebster Award no less than three times!
Thank you Carlyyysarah.
Thank you James M Davis.
Thank you Candace Knoebel.
Now, I have read comments from ‘distant’ bloggers who claim that these awards achieve nothing except increased traffic.
These awards not only offer a sense of achievement to the newbie blogger, but they reveal to us those fellow bloggers who may have remained undiscovered if they hadn’t been nominated. I am now folowing more blogs that ever and am thoroughly enjoying the daily content that arrives at my blog and in my Inbox.
What is the Liebster Award?
“The Liebster Blog Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The Meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.”
The rules that come with the Award:
1. If you are tagged/nominated, you have to post 11 facts about yourself.
2. Then you should answer the 11 questions the tagger has set for you & generate 11 new questions for the people you subsequently tag.
3. Tag 11 more Bloggers.
4. Tell the people you tagged that you did.
5. No tagging back.
6. The person you tag must have less than 200 followers.
Firstly, 11 facts about myself:
1. I have been writing since I was ten years old – perhaps longer.
2. I have appeared on BBC TV (twice).
3. Last year, I finally set foot outside Europe (Tangiers) at the age of 47.
4. My niece Heather, whom doctors advised would not survive past the age of four, is now 21 and is thinking of entering politics.
5. I was invalided out of the Royal Air Force in 1994.
6. I haven’t run for over eighteen years (see above).
7. I do not fear death, but the idea of mental oblivion terrifies me.
8. I have 28 videos on YouTube and have been making (or trying to make) videos since 1979.
9. I love to read and usually have a minimum of three books on the go at any one time.
10. I adore time travel movies because (the well-thought out ones) can really stretch the mind like no other genre.
11. (Everyone I have told about this thinks I am crazy) I would love the challenge of winning a million pounds being able to keep that same million for life, just living off the interest (and always being able to claim that I’m a millionaire).
My 11 questions to Andrew Toynbee:
- What is your favorite book? I would say my own, because I have spent more time with it than any other and I have grown to love it, but the book that has stayed with me through all others is ‘The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant’ by Stephen Donaldson.
- Winter or Summer? Summer – I am solar powered without a doubt.
- Who is the most inspirational person in your life? Stephen Hawking, who has achieved so much in the face of unparalleled adversity.
- What is one of your best memories? Appearing on BBC TV in ‘Robot Wars.’
- What is your favorite color and why? Green, because it is the colour of life.
- If you could live anywhere, where would you live? Australia.
- If you could have one super power, what would it be? The power of flight, because it would make the world so much more accessible (not to mention that it would bring my carbon footprint right down).
- American football or European football? European football – American football is a rarely-seen sport in Britain.
- Who are your top 3 favorite authors? Robin Hobb, Stephen Donaldson, E.E. ‘Doc’ Smith.
- Are you a night or day person? Day (see 2.)
- Werewolf, Zombie, or Vampire? Vampire. And if you’re not convinced, see the compelling argument by Raymond at Nightmirrors.
11 questions from Andrew Toynbee and his very own blog…
1. Has any book made you go ‘wow’ as you’ve completed it?
2. From where do you draw inspiration for your stories?
3. Do you listen to music when you write, or do you prefer silence?
4. How has blogging changed your writing or your outlook towards it?
5. What is your favorite food?
6. What finally prompted you to attempt your first novel?
7. Dogs or cats – and why?
8. Naughty books – all the details or leave the story at the bedroom door?
9. What is your current WIP about?
10. Has a movie brought you to tears for any reason?
11. Do you prefer to write at home or elsewhere?
As best I can tell these bloggers have fewer than 200 followers, but being a newbie, I’m not entirely certain… :/