This post has been a long time due and so, for that, I apologise.
The whirl of completing my Twelfth Draft, the decision to ePublish and the creating of my book cover scoured my brain of much of my daily to-do list.
Anyway, last month I was fortunate enough to receive a nomination for the Reader Appreciation Award, not once but twice!
Thank you Mymagical escape (I tried to find your name on your blog, but couldn’t) for this award. I love the image – it just so happens that big, bright sunflowers are a favourite of mine.
Also, Sonya Loveday nominated me the following day, a lovely thought.
The conditions of this award seem to be similar to those of the Liebster and Lovely Blog awards.
I tried to back-track through Mymagicalescape’s nominator, Pat Wood or as I like to think of her, Caress Arborea *winks*, but I couldn’t find any specific conditions listed on her blog.
Sonya mentions that the Reader Appreciation Award Foundation stipulate six nominations, so I will do that, but add in Mymagicalescape’s format and write seven things about myself first – stuff that I haven’t already said after receiving previous nominations.
1. I believe in Angels – just not necessarily the kind that appear in popular literature.
2. I live in the same town as Jenna Burtenshaw and have received a great deal of encouragement from her.
3. It was my wife’s tottering stack of vampire novels that compelled me to write ‘A Construct of Angels’.
4. Movie soundtracks inspire my writing.
5. My ‘day job’ takes me all over the UK. 75% of the time it gifts me writing opportunities that I wouldn’t otherwise enjoy.
6. Currently, my favourite writing tool is my Acer Netbook.
7. I am the closest I have ever been to publishing a book and cannot quite believe it.
Now, the nominations;
I’m supposed to nominate six bloggers for this Reader Appreciation award, so here are my choices;
2. Ryan Casey
3. M D Kenning
5. Carly Sarah
Oops – I can’t count. I know Candace, Sonya and Carlyysarah had already been nominated by Mymagicalescape and Pat Wood nominated her in the first place, but I love them so much, I felt compelled to repeat the nomination.
Who’s to say that I can’t? :p
Oh, oh. Yellow card approaching from the Reader Appreciation Award Foundation.
Enjoy, bask if you like, but don’t forget to spread the love!